2018 Annual Summer Intern Event Series
The Council on Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics would like to invite students with an interest in economics who are interning in Washington, DC this summer to participate in our Summer 2018 Intern Briefings which will focus on careers with Capitol Hill, agencies and non-governmental organizations. Reserve a space today!
These events are designed to allow students to hear from professionals who have received a degree in agricultural, natural resources, or applied economics about their career paths and other details regarding the necessary background to succeed in Washington, DC.
- Friday, July 13 - Industry Market Analysis in Agriculture
- Friday, July 20 - Agricultural Economics on Capitol Hill
- Wednesday, August 7 - Agricultural Economics Across USDA Agencies (Full day event - Breakfast and lunch will be served.)
- For the events on July 13 and July 20th, breakfast will be served at 8:00 AM. The program will start at 8:30 AM ET. We will send you location information after you register.
- However, the event on Tuesday, August 7th is a unique event. The event starts at 8:30 AM ET at USDA and ends at 3 PM ET. Lunch and breakfast will be served. You will learn about over eight USDA agencies. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to network with early career professional faculty members or other agricultural economists who are pursuing advanced degrees. This is an exceptional opportunity which is only offered once every five years. We will send you location information after you register.