Happy Holidays from C-FARE
C-FARE wishes you peace and prosperity in 2018.
To all our agricultural and applied economics expert volunteers and community members, thank you for making 2017 a wonderful year.
Our goal at the Council on Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics (C-FARE) is to serve the community. C-FARE is an important link between the agricultural and applied economics profession and the national policy making community. That linkage relies on our volunteer experts at federal agencies, universities, and private industry.
Over the course of the last few years we've engaged the community, enabling them to share their work via briefings, workshops, reports, congressional and Administration visits, webinars, and via priority setting. Your voice and expertise make our efforts on behalf of the profession valuable. We are currently seeking proposal ideas for the 2018 and 2019 program years. Submit your ideas here.
Together, our efforts have made our community stronger and more robust. As a community, we seek out opportunities and offset challenges. Because of your partnership, in 2017 the C-FARE community achieved several outcomes:
- Welcomed new board members and committee members to be a part of the C-FARE team;
- Implemented a new committee structure;
- Completed and released several nationally recognized programs including: the Priorities and Solutions report and release, the Ecosystem Services from Farms and Forests project, our Evidence-based Policy Initiative, a Water Conservation Workshop, a report on Rural Energy Alternatives, follow-up on the Big Data efforts, events on Farm Income, and much more;
- Facilitated an engaging set of congressional visits;
- Created a new vibrant and engaging website;
- Collaborated more closely with the NAAEA on their Biennial Meeting; and
- Coordinated with AAEA on Government Relations critical to the profession.
Additionally, we have started to work towards a more efficient, lean, and engaging C-FARE.
Without you, there is no C-FARE. Thank you again for your service.
With warm wishes,
Roger Coupal, University of Wyoming, Chairman
Stephan Goetz, Pennsylvania State University, Vice-Chairman
Dan Lass, University of Massachusetts, Treasurer
Damona Doye, Oklahoma State University, Past Chair
C. Parr Rosson, III, Texas A&M University
John Newton, American Farm Bureau Federation
Deacue Fields, Auburn University
Cathy A. Roheim, University of Idaho
Spiro Stefano, University of Florida
Cynthia Clark, National Agricultural Statistics Service (Retired)
Gal Hochman, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Thank you for being a part of The Council on Food, Agricultural & Resource Economics.